This blog is about a great TEAM building exercise that you can use when you are part of a group. It helps uncover issues that need to be addressed and then you can have brainstorming sessions that offer solutions.
For this particular circumstance let’s think about a business networking group.
One of the many benefits of participating in a business group is it allows an opportunity to bounce ideas off of others, stay accountable, be mentored, share expertise, and ask for help for problems you encounter. Guaranteed, if you are in business no matter what the size, the same issues are relevant.
What is a Mastermind?
“A mastermind group is a peer to peer mentoring concept used to help members solve their problems with input and advice from the other group members.”
Benefits of a Mastermind Group:
- Strengthen relationships by sharing
- Increase confidence and awareness – you are not alone
- Sharpen business and personal skills
- Add an instant and valuable support network
- Opportunity to collaborate with others
- Get honest feedback, advice and brainstorm with a team
- Borrow on the experience and skills of the other members
- Progress faster by creatingaction plans and beingaccountable
- Receive critical insights into yourself
- Deeper understanding of each businesses
- Personal success team with a positive attitude to inspire and motivate
Elect a moderator who will take notes, then start with a round table.
What is a specific problem that needs to be addressed or they help with?
Decide if you will ask everyone in the group this question first or do individually.
Solutions are then offered by addressing each question and having a brainstorming session with group to resolve this issue and offer advice.
Depending on time you can take the questions and do at upcoming meetings ensuring everyone’s issues are addressed.
Remember this is a “safe environment” and to respect everyone.
Communication is the key to success, we cannot help what we do not know.
I’d like to hear what your thoughts are on a Mastermind, leave a comment below.
Building relationships one conversation at a time. Let’s Connect!
Margaret-Ann Davis Business Consultant Accelerate your business. firstname.lastname@example.org