This blog is about a great team building exercise that you can use when you are part of a group. It helps uncover issues that need to be addressed and then a brainstorming session that offers solutions. For this particular circumstance let’s think about a business networking group.
One of the many benefits of participating in a business group is it allows an opportunity to bounce ideas off of others, stay accountable, be mentored, share expertise, and ask for help for problems you encounter. Guaranteed, if you are in business no matter what the size, everyone addresses the same issues and concerns at some point on their journey.
Having a “Mastermind” is a very effective way to uncover problems, needs and issues in a group and then offers an opportunity for members to brainstorm and have conversations to offer solutions and insights to support each other.
What is a Mastermind?
A mastermind group is a peer to peer mentoring concept used to help members solve their problems with input and advice from the other group members.
Benefits of a Mastermind Group:
- Strengthen relationships by sharing
- Increase confidence and awareness – you are not alone
- Sharpen business and personal skills
- Add an instant and valuable support network
- Opportunity to collaborate with others
- Get honest feedback, advice and brainstorm with a team
- Borrow on the experience and skills of the other members
- Progress faster by creatingaction plans and beingaccountable
- Receive critical insights into yourself
- Deeper understanding of each businesses
- Personal success team with a positive attitude to inspire and motivate
Get started: Have a place to input information.
Elect a moderator who will take notes and do a round table.
Question: What is a specific problem the participant needs addressed or help with. I like to ask each person in the group this question first, and then proceed to the answers.
Answer: You solutions are then offered by a brainstorming session with group.
Depending on time, you may to decide to offer solutions immediately or you may have all participants address their issue and follow up at future events.
At GR Business Networking our groups use this exercise to uncover the areas that members are having problems with and then respectively address each topic at their weekly meeting for the “Coach’s Tip”
Communication is the key to success, we cannot help what we do not know.
If you’d like to discuss please don’t hesitate to reach out and I’d be happy to share.
If you’re in Ottawa and have a business, check this out and join us for a complimentary meeting