Like a wise person once said “You can’t know where you’re going unless you know where you have been!”
As business owners it’s so important to take time to reflect, exercises like this will help you gain clarity and insight to where you are heading and what you need to do. What’s working? What’s not? How are you? Personally? Professionally? Are you running with a full tank or are you running on empty?
Here’s a simple exercise to get you thinking — grab a java, do some reflecting and take some notes. Better yet, if you’re part of a group why not throw around some thoughts together!
- What was my proudest moment?
- What made me the happiest?
- What did I enjoy most about my business?
- What was my most rewarding moment?
- What was my biggest aha this year?
- What are my biggest challenges in business?
- Do I need more training, education or practice?
- Do I have time for the things I love?
- Do I need help at home, staying healthy or maintaining balance?
- Do I wish there were more of me?
Did I fulfill my goals for:
- Family? Fun?
- What does my business look like?
- Whose lives am I impacting?
- What do I want for my family?
- Am I locked on to my “Why” and “Purpose”?
- What do I really want to achieve?
Start today ideas:
- Ensure you schedule in personal time – decide the hours you are working – Don’t forget to have fun!
- Look for training & courses online, workshops, meet ups, seminars and schedule what you need in, start asking, do it with a team. Great way to meet people that can help you.
- Consider hiring to have time for the things that count. ie: this could be a housekeeper or someone to look after your books or help with business.
- If your health hasn’t been a priority it’s time – your greatest asset is your health.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people, consider joining a business network and have a group of people that mutually respect and support each other. It’s always better to be part of a team. Together Everyone Achieves More!
Reflecting can help you gain clarity and a deeper understanding of what you need more of and what you need to change. Embrace change, it’s part of everyone’s success story.
Remember this famous quote “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” from Einstein,
Please share your comments on changes, what’s your thought?