Group: People who have regular contact and work together to achieve common goals.
- A place to meet and build relationships with like-minded people.
- A team that is ready to help, support, share ideas and brainstorm
- People that want to exchange referrals contributing to each others success
With so much choice it’s hard to know which one’s the right fit for you.
There are business events based on one of’s, Gender, Cultural, Race, Age etc. but it is my belief that if we want to grow as a true community, with no prejudice, we need to build groups that are inclusive to all, bring everyone together.
Being an entrepreneur, owning a business, offering a product/service to help others that you are passionate about is wonderfully rewarding, but make no mistake, we all have the same challenges whether you are running solo or leading a large company. This is why it’s so important to be part of a TEAM – when things are going good and when business presents challenges. It works both ways!
Here’s 3 key points to consider when participating in a business group:
- men and woman, all age groups, cultures, education
- start-ups and established businesses, mentors and mentorship
- professionals, tradespersons, entrepreneurs and business owners
- people you feel genuinely want to help each other and are welcoming
- format that allows for sharing and presenting to really get to know each other
- members that volunteer/fundraise/non-profit//teach/help others
- What can you learn and what can you give to the group to have a team that thrives?
- What is the mission or common thread that keeps you together?
- Do you have similar interests such as hobbies, sports, kids, favourite causes.
I welcome you to attend an event with GR Business Networking – we offer weekly meetings, a variety of events put on by GR and Members, workshops to help you succeed with a variety of times and days to fit your schedule.
I also invite you to Awesome-preneurs – a monthly event sharing inspiring stories and connecting business people.
Are you participating in a business networking group?
Do you have questions?
Feel free to jot me a note, I welcome your conversation and answering any questions you have.
A must read for all business owners: “The Go-Giver” by Bob Burg & John David Mann
#GRBusinessNetworking #startup #entrepreneurs #awesome-preneurs