I think this is a great exercise to check in with quarterly. It’s very easy to get running on that hamster wheel and not be able to get off.
Emily Dickson said “If you take care of the small things, the big things take care of themselves.” I believe there’s a lot of truth to this.
Let’s do a quick check in:
1 – Are you too busy?
- Have you become comfortable saying you are ” too busy”?
- Do your friends, family, clients feel that they would be adding to that overwhelm? (maybe they even just want to hang but you are always too busy)
- Do you overbook yourself and always on the run?
Solutions could be: Learn how to say No, become really effective at Time Management, ask for help!
2 – How do you present yourself?
- Do you look good and portray the proper image personally and professionally?
- You look and smell great?
- You are always wearing a Smile, have a firm handshake, positive attitude and look people in the eye?
3 – Are you accountable?
- Do you show up to events, meetings and appointments on time?
- Are you prepared?
- Do you follow through with what you say you will do, people know they can count on you?
4 – Are you listening?
- Are you paying attention and “all in” when someone is talking to you?
- Do you understand what your friend, customer or business associate really needs and how you can help?
- Do you understand who else could help them, and showing you really do care?
5 – Is your message clear?
- Is the message you are delivering meaningful and clear?
- Is there a call to action or process in place to help them navigate your offering?
- Do they understand who you can help and how?
6 – Are you giving?
- Do they see you as that person that helps everyone?
- You take the time to really get to know them and help/refer people that can provide solutions for their needs?
- Are you standing out as the “go to” person.
7 – Do you ask for help?
- For referrals to people that can help the people you know and are meeting?
- For people that you can collaborate with or use services to make your business or personal life more efficient?
- Have you mastered the skill of asking the right questions to direct your connections to opportunities that allow them to help you?
So tell me, are you sending the right message?
When you have a business it’s important to remember that what people see and hear you do, is how they perceive you… Sometimes you don’t get a second chance. So make every moment count and be conscious of the image you want to portray.
Know, Like & Trust, what’s your thoughts? Is this the first step?